воскресенье, 17 января 2010 г.

A Description of an Event

A Description of an Event


Trip to St. Petersburg


In 2004, when I lived in Narva and studied in my former school, in November we went to St. Petersburg for a tour. From what we have seen, most of all I liked the museum of prehistoric animals. Tour started at the entrance, as is the entrance to the museum was a large monument dedicated to this museum.


When we entered the museum the first things we saw were - two huge marble statues of dinosaurs, who sat in front of a staircase in the main hall. If you turn right from the stairs and go down and there you can see many shops with souvenirs. They sold figurines, pendants, rings, seals in the form of dinosaurs and soft toys. All my classmates rushed to buy various trinkets and toys as a souvenir. I bought a pendant and a dinosaur print.


Finally we went to a big staircase in the main hall. Most exhibit was a huge skeleton of a large prehistoric animal resembling a whale. He hung on the ceiling of the room. This is my long be remembered. Other exhibits were not large. Across the hall were placed various skeletons of prehistoric animals. There were dinosaurs, mammals, reptiles, birds, fixed to the ceiling, and many others. In the same room, not far from the dinosaur skeletons were two large mammoth. They looked like a living, it seemed, if we close our eyes for a moment, we can imagine how they lived in their time. A feeling that they looked at me and asked to revive them, but, unfortunately, I'm not a magician. In other halls were animals of our nature. And some kinds of strange creatures.


The only thing I remember is a long time - jars, which had been embalmed, the embryos of humans and animals. It looked very strange, because before I saw this. But I learned how to look like the human embryo at all stages of development.


Returning from St. Petersburg, I learned a lot about our planet and prehistoric life. This trip will remain in my memory forever. It is impossible to forget. I advise everybody to visit this museum, but unfortunately, I do not remember the name, but he was in St. Petersburg this one. So to find it will not be difficult, important to ask about him.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий